Thursday, July 15, 2010

S'mores! (on a stick)

I saw this idea on Christy's blog that I follow and decided at the total last minute to try it. I found myself at Michael's at 9pm getting chocolate, ribbon and the paper cups. I was not sure exactly how I was going to present them but I wanted to cover all my bases. I then ran to the grocery store for the graham crackers, marshmallows and a few other items that we needed like MILK!
Here goes!
This is what I started with...

I ran a whole sleeve of graham crackers through the food processor

I then melted my chocolate

While the chocolate was melting, I put the marshmallows on the sticks

I dipped the marshmallows in the chocolate using the spatula to coat them completely

I tapped them lightly on the edge of the bowl to knock off any excess chocolate to prevent dripping

I then sprinkled the graham cracker crumbs all over the melted chocolate covering them pretty good

I knew I did not want them to have flat "bottoms" so I figured out a way to "hang" dry them. I was just going to put the through the cooling racks but the sticks were a bit longer than I thought so I solved this problem by stacking the cooling racks

When they were dry I placed them each in a paper cup and placed them on the tray. These were such a big hit at work. Everyone loved them and a few people even suggested roasting the marshmallow before covering it in chocolate (which I really considered) another said that her son was having a beach party for some kids and this would be perfect because then the kids would not have to get near fire! I will definitely do these again!

No comments:

Post a Comment