Thursday, July 8, 2010

Brownie bites/balls

Okay, so yesterday I blogged about making churros for work....well, I decided due to time and money, I would just bake brownies. Needless to say, they did not turn out the way I expected! I baked according to package directions and let them cool then cut them up. As I was taking them out of the pan, they fell apart! I cannot take a pile of brownie chunks to work, not when I have been dubbed "Martha Stewart!" (This is what was left when I was finished rolling, just the "crust.")
Luckily I had some white chocolate left over from my Twilight party so I started rolling the pieces into balls. These turned out perfect! I was going to fork them but did not have enough forks left so luckily I had enough sucker sticks (I always have plenty of those on hand!) I put the balls in the freezer just long enough for me to melt my chocolate
and while I was doing that I fished through my pantry for something fun to "decorate" them with and found fun little sprinkles! Who doesn't love sprinkles....of course my 3 year old son saw the sprinkles and he wanted to dive right in helping Mama.
Once my chocolate was melted, I took the balls from the freezer and inserted a stick and dipped them in the chocolate. I immediately sprinkled with the sprinkles and placed them on wax paper. I repeated this process until all 20 were finished!
I let the chocolate harden on the wax paper on the counter and once they were set, moved them to the tray I will take them to work on. Wha La! Brownie balls! This is my third attempt at making these, each time I get better. My secret is the cheapest brownie mix I can find (.99 cents) and then just roll the brownies bite size. The bigger they are, the more difficult they are to work with. They are more heavy and fall off the stick. I made these small and they stayed on the sticks perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment