Sunday, June 27, 2010

Twilight Party!!!

So the big day finally arrived and here are the results of four weeks of planning!
These signs cost me all of .46 cents each to make. I got the "signs" themselves HERE and then bought the stakes at Home Depot. I printed them out on regular 8 1/2x11 paper then glued it to card stock then cut them out, nailed them to the stakes and then hubby pounded them into the ground this morning.

Edward greeting my guests at the door. I found this poster at Blockbuster Video. It is reversible, has Edward on one side, Jacob on the other....!

Here is a picture of the "Wolf Pack Snacks" (Cocoa Puffs) and the Vampire blood type treats (Boston baked beans) These were so easy and inexpensive to make. I found a three pound bag of Boston baked beans at Sam's Club for $3.99. I found the image online for the vampire treats (when I remember where I will post a link) and then I just purchased the papers and cellophane bags at my local scrapbook store and cake/candy supply store.

"Fork'd" brownie balls! I literally decided to do these at the very last minute. I purchased a .99 cent box of brownie mix and paid $2.99 for the chocolate at Michael's Crafts. I baked the brownies per the directions on the box then when they were cool enough to handle, I cut them into equal sized squares then rolled them into balls by hand. I put the forks in then put them in the freezer. Once they were hard enough (to not fall off the forks) I dipped them in the chocolate and allowed them to "set" on wax paper on the counter. I then drizzled them with milk chocolate. (These were a big hit!)

I printed out these quotes from THIS SITE and then used frames I already had and purchased the few 5x7 ones that I needed. (I also go the labels for the drinks at the same site)

This is a combination of two ideas. Vanessa posted the idea of the transparency on her blog HERE and I saw another idea HERE and decided I would combined the two and make it my own.

Here are my vampire bitten cupcakes. I saw several versions online and decided I really liked them so I figured I would try. I made red velvet cupcakes and then found a cream cheese frosting recipe online that is AWESOME! HERE is the recipe. This frosting is the creamiest, smoothest frosting ever!

I purchased the dog dishes at Target and filled them with Chex Mix after writing a few "wolf" names on them...


Hubby drilled the holes in these apples and I put them on the candle holders. I had extra quotes so I taped them to the under part of the table.


I placed my books (in order) by the fireplace and my countdown blocks are ON the fireplace. Simple and to the point...


Printed the labels from the above mentioned site and just glued them to the bottles. I found black cherry soda at Albertson's.

Strawberry lemonade. I cut up a few lemons for color.

Another "quote" and the water bottles I printed labels for.



Here is a picture of the girls enjoying the yummy food and Twilight! Edward must be on the screen!!!

We had a great party and I want to thank everyone for coming and for bringing the great favors. Everyone put a lot into what they did. I greatly appreciate everything that everyone did. I am glad everyone had a great time, see you when we celebrate the release of "Breaking Dawn!"

4 comments:

  1. This is just toooo cute! I love your treat bags! I'm already filling my brain with all sorts of ideas for Breaking Dawn.....and it's too far away for my own good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great party!! Love the brownie bites on the forks! I had a party too and posted about it on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cupcakes have a sparkle to them? What did you add to the frosting? Looks bee-u-t-ful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found some "disco dust" at my local cake/candy supply store. Its edible and similar to luster dust....it was a bit difficult to brush on the cupcakes but the effect was AWESOME! I would just reccoment freezing the cupcakes then brushing it on and get a paint brush that doesnt shed, you dont want people thinking there is hair in their food. I had to keep stopping and pulling them off.

    ReplyDelete