Friday, June 18, 2010

Twi-project

Do you remember these white candle holders? I bought them seven years ago to use at our wedding reception! They were perfect for the occasion and I have used them in the past in our apartment but now they just do not fit in with the decor here in our house...


This Twilight party had me thinking and I saw this idea online on Vanessa's blog where she drilled a hole in an apple and used it for tea lights! I thought that was such a great idea but wondered how I could make it my own. Then I remembered the candle holders and thought, "if they were black, they would be PERFECT!"


After thinking about it for a while, I decided I would paint them black. I figured they aren't doing much good sitting at the top of my closet and if they were black, I would actually use them! So while at Michael's the other day I looked at the different spray paint and found one that had a "sparkle" to it. So for $6 I bought the spray paint, brought it home and went straight to work!
Step 1:


Step 2:


Step 3:

This is how they turned out! I LOVE them! I cannot wait to see how they look the day of the party with the big red shinny apple candles! I will definitely use these over and over now!

***I will post a picture after the part of how they looked with the apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment