Sunday, August 22, 2010

Taco Cups

1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 lb. lean ground turkey
1 (1.25 oz) pkg. taco seasoning
3/4 c. water
1/4 c. salsa
1 (7.5 oz) pkg. refrigerator biscuits
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese


Brown ground beef and turkey and drain well. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Stir in salsa and set aside. Press each biscuit into the bottom and up the sides of a muffin cup. Spoon meat mixture into biscuit lined cups. Sprinkle cheese over the top of the meat. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until biscuits are browned. Serve with extra salsa on the side. Yield: 10 taco cups.

Calories 150
Total fat 5 g
% fat 30
Sat. fat 2.1 g
Cholesterol 30 mg
Sodium 409 mg




**Note: I made these with all ground beef instead of turkey and I did not use the salsa, I was going for something more kid friendly. I did have a difficult time getting the biscuits to stay up the sides of the muffin pan. I think next time I will buy the larger biscuits. I thought these were good and would make a good "after school" snack. They remind me of a pizza bite and they are even good when reheated in the microwave the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment