Saturday, February 5, 2011

Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes

When hubby and I finally decided to host a super bowl party, I went on the prowl for an awesome cupcake to serve! I wanted something that was "manly" and GOOD! I found a few recipes online and settled on this one from Annie's Eats. I love the cake and the ganache but the frosting is VERY sweet and I just do not like the grainy texture. I did NOT use as much Bailey's as it called for in the frosting. I did add a bit more powdered sugar and about 4 more tablespoons of butter. I also added a few tablespoons of milk and just a splash of vanilla. I'm "happy" with the frosting but next time will use my Grandmother's recipe and substitute the almond for the Bailey's.


The cupcakes out of the oven

Ganache filling

Cupcakes filled w/the ganache


Final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment