Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wedding Cake Toppers


When I was planning my wedding, there was debate over a "theme." I wanted a topper that was personal, not the typical bride and groom figurines. At the time there were not all the great choices there are now with the silver monograms etc. I decided to make my own. Above is a picture show casing my two designs. I found the Mickey and Minnie figurines at Disneyland and just added them to a plastic base I found at Michael's. I think I found the fan there as well. As for the Eiffel Tower, that was an ornament and I simply cut the string off and attached the roses and the blue tag. I added lace around the base and the red ribbon and then three little red roses under. We ultimately went with the "Paris" theme....here is a picture of our cake, it was homemade with a lot of love by my Mom. Yes it is leaning but it was July and very hot. It did end up "falling" before we had a chance to cut it. But it still tasted GREAT!


No comments:

Post a Comment