Friday, September 17, 2010

Chocolate Covered Oreos

I have seen these online and I have been wanting to try them. I first tried round sucker sticks but those were too "fat" and the cookie would not sandwich together properly so I toyed with the idea of double stuffed Ore's. I decided I would not buy anything else and work with what I had so I set my sights on popsicle sticks that I found at Joann's.

Step 1: I stuck the sticks in the cookies.
Step 2: I spooned the chocolate over the cookies and gently tapped the stick on the side of my bowl to knock off any excess chocolate. I had to perfect this because the very first one I did fell apart and ended up a casualty!

Step 3: I sprinkled with sprinkles and once the chocolate set up I bagged and tied the cookies.

Here is my end result. I think I did a great job for my first attempt at chocolate covered Ore's! I am sure my niece will love them no matter what they look like!

No comments:

Post a Comment